We use your personal information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing an unparalleled guest service experience. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
- Your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, nationality, and passport and visa information
- Guest stay information, including the hotels, villas where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room and holiday preferences), telephone numbers dialed and faxes and telephone messages received
Your credit card details
- Any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, health conditions that require specific accommodation, purchase of goods and services)
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, card key and other security systems
- Contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, meeting and event planners)
In limited cases, information relating to the credit of customers
Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the privacy laws of some countries. Those laws define “Sensitive Personal Information” to mean personal information from which we can determine or infer an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, or judicial data (including information concerning the commission or alleged commission of a criminal offence).
How We Use Personal information
- We may use and disclose relevant portions of your personal information in order to:
- Provide and charge for the hotel accommodations and other goods and services you purchase
- Provide you with a better, more personalized level of service
Fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs)
- Conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, direct marketing and sales promotions
- Respond to requests for information and services
- Provide for the safety and security of guests
- Administer general record keeping
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
- Processing credit applications
Our Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
Like most international hotel brands, we may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. We may also engage market research firms to assist us in contacting guests for the purpose of market research and quality assurance. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using your personal information for their own purposes or from disclosing your personal information to others.
When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to appropriate third parties for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell hotels and other assets, or cease being the manager or franchisor of a hotel or villas that arecurrently part of our portfolio. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to include the personal information collected about you, or control of that personal information, as a business asset in any such transfer. Also, in the unlikely event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, personal information collected from you, or control of such information, may be one of the transferred assets.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations.
Updating or Accessing Your Personal information
With some limited exceptions, you have rights to update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or e-mail. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require to make that determination.
You may request that we correct, or stop processing, personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that the information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the information. If we do not agree that the information is incorrect, we will, nevertheless, record the fact that you consider that information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
How we protect your information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Policy Modifications & Contacting us
If you have questions about our policies, please contact:
Domaine de Bel Ombre
Tel:00 (230) 266 9700
Fax:00 (230) 266 9797
Any personally identifiable information which you volunteer through an online form will only be used for the purpose of providing you with information relevant to your query. No data will be passed to any third parties for third party marketing activities. Online forms requesting personal information may be completed by other means such as by email or phone. Your information will not be shared with third parties, unless in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with legal requirements; (b) protect public safety in urgent circumstances; (c) supply you with information you requested.
This site may contain links to other sites. Such sites are not endorsed and their practices and content are not the responsibility of this site.