Here is our commitment to providing our guests with the confidence they deserve:
the safest environment during their stay with us, fully compliant with social distancing guidelines and WHO recommendations and best practices.
As we believe we are soon to welcome you back on our paradise island of Mauritius, we have imagined the safest environment away from home for you and your loved ones.
Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene has always been a priority throughout our Standards of Operations, and today, given the effects of COVID-19, and in consultation with global and local public health authorities, we have developed an even more rigorous Health and Hygiene Protocol encompassing all touchpoints of our hotels operations.
This protocol will be enforced as our frontiers and economy reopens.
It is mandatory to strictly follow the guidelines provided by this protocol, and individual accountability is paramount: guest as well as team members are clearly informed or what is expected from them for their own safety.
Golf & Club House Operations (applicable for Heritage Resorts guests)
I. GOLF BOOKINGS
• By Phone, by email or via the Reception Desk at the hotels
• In Person – No bookings will be accepted or allowed in person.
• Information on social distancing to golfers – The golfer is given a briefing over the phone of most important new procedures and he/she is also emailed a copy of procedures in advance of their golf game. When the time comes all bookings made by hotel guests or their agents will be sent tee time confirmation and social distancing procedures via email.
• Tee time intervals – Tee times will be staggered at 15 minutes intervals to enhance a natural social distance.
• Maximum golfers per day – A maximum of 60 players will be allowed per day during the critical first 3 months period and to be adapted if needed.
II. GOLFER ARRIVAL
• Arrival Time – Players may only get to the course a maximum of 30 minutes before their tee time. No non-golfers / spectators allowed.
• Security check Mauritian Residents – Security check for non-hotel residents where temperature is taken by security at the front gate. If above 37.5 deg the golfer will be denied entry.
• Resort residents arrival – Hotel residents can access by walking or with the hotel shuttle.
• Permission to access golf – Access will only be granted for confirmed bookings as per the tee sheet and if the tee time has been pre-paid for Mauritian residents.
• Caddy Master greeting – Caddy Master to brief the golfer/s to carry their own bag directly to their buggy or trolley.
• Caddy Master services – No storage of golf bags will be offered. No handling of golf bags by staff at all.
• Proceed to proshop – After placing their own bag on their cart or trolley the golfer will be asked to sanitize their hands and then proceed immediately to the proshop for check in.
III. PROSHOP CHECK IN
• Entry for Mauritian resident golfers – Mauritian resident golfers, having already pre-paid for all items, will be asked to proceed directly to the practice facility or 1st tee unless they specifically request to make a purchase at the proshop.
• Entry for Resort resident golfers – Heritage Resort golfers, after having dropped their own bag on their own buggy or trolley, will be welcomed at the entrance of the proshop. They will be asked to wait on the designated social distancing markings on the floor.
• Check in of resort golfers – A maximum of 1 guest and 1 staff member can be at the counter at any time with another two people allowed in the shop whilst respecting a social distance of 2m.
• Social distancing – Social distancing signage and floor stickers will guide golfers from entry to exit
• Clothing displays / floor layout – Clothing displays will be halved to allow for a greater surface area of open floor space. A new display unit layout will be done to allow for individual flow of walking in and out of the proshop.
• Pens for signing of bills – A stock pile of pens i.e. enough for each individual, will be available in a clean container on the proshop counter and the guest will place same in the “used” container after use. At the end of the day proshop staff will sanitize the pens for use the next day.
• Credit Card machines – Credit card machines will be disinfected after each use.
• Cash – No cash will be accepted
• Proshop staff PPE – To follow all front office SOP points as per HR SOP.
• Sales – Guests will not be allowed to touch clothing or try it on and should request the assistance of the shop staff to view same. A touch and buy policy will be applied. Branded sanitizer and masks will be on sale in the proshop.
• Exit – Guests proceed to locker rooms or starting terrace once check in is complete by following floor directions.
IV. LOCKER ROOMS
• Doors – Locker room doors will be left open and the air conditioning will be switched off as a result
• Toilets – A bottle of disinfectant will be left in each toilet for use by guests before and/or after use. A Paper toilet seat cover will be available for use and disposed of by guest after use.
• Hand Soap – Readily available and full with two dispensers at the basins
• Hand Towels – No hand towels will be issued for drying of hands
• Showers – No shower facility will be available. Showers will be closed and no shower towels available
• Hand Dryer – The hand dryer will be left on so that golfers can air dry their hands
• Lockers – No Locker service will be available. Valuables should be kept on the golfer’s person
V. STARTER TERRACE AND STAGING AREA
• Trolleys – Trolleys will be sanitized and placed on the staging area before golfer arrives. Mauritian golfers will be encouraged to bring their own trolley.
– Trolleys will be displayed with 2m in between each trolley
• Buggies – Buggies will be sanitized and placed on the starter’s terrace before golfer arrives.
– 1 golfer per buggy except for those already living together.
– Buggies will be staged with 2m between each buggy
• Briefing – A starter will provide a social distancing and hygiene brieifing to each group every 15 mins.
• Paper Receipts – No paper receipts will be accumulated by staff. The resort guest can show and retain his paper receipt. A Receipt will not be neccessary for Mauritian residents as all will be pre-paid.
• iPad – An iPad will be used by the starter to verify payment. The iPad will display proof of check-in in real time.
• Social Distancing – Signage and floor stickers will guide guests through from the proshop to the starter terrace and to the cart staging area.
• Hire Sets – No hire sets will be available for hire during critical period i.e. next 3 months
• Chairs – All guest chairs will be removed from the guest relations desk, proshop corridor and starting terrace.
• Scorecards – Scorecards will be given to players however no swopping of cards will be allowed
VI. DRIVING RANGE, PRACTICE GREENS & LESSONS
• Practice Balls – 15 balls placed for golfer on the grass by staff before golfer arives at the range
– Cleaned every evening with soap
– Collected only once per day at 5pm
• Under Cover HItting Bays – Closed
• Grass hitting bays – Spaced 5m apart with a maximum of 10 bays spread across the breadth of the driving range tee
• Practice greens – Cup inserts to raise the level of the ball will be in place
• Lessons – Lessons must be a maximum of 30 minutes
– The pro must stand 2m from client and not go closer. Touching is strictly forbidden.
VII. DURING PLAY
• 1st Tee – Only 1 flight allowed on the tee at any time
– The starter will again brief the golfers on social distancing, hygiene and on course protocol
– Collected only once per day at 5pm
• On Course – Cup inserts will be in place so that golfers only touch their ball and not the flag pole when removing their ball from the hole.
• Golfers must never touch the flag pole.
– Golfers must remain 2m apart from one another.
• Bunkers – No rakes will be left on the course. Each cart will be equipped with a rake and golfers to leave rakes on their golf cart.
• Marshall – The course marshall will monitor social distancing
• GPS – The GPS screen will be operational as normal as it would have been sanitized before use.
• Ball Washers – On course ball washers to be closed and clearly marked as a do not touch item.
• Rubbish Bins – On course rubbish buns to be closed and clearly marked as a do not touch item. Trash to be kept on the buggy and thrown away after play.
• Change rooms – Change rooms will be open for golfer’s convenience during play but they must respect social distancing and hygiene protocol.
VIII. AFTER PLAY
• Golf Cart / Trolley Mauritian Resident – Golfer to proceed to his/her car directly with golf cart / trolley. Same to be left in the golf car park and collected by staff and driven directly to sanitizing area.
• Golf Cart / Trolley Resort guest – Golfer to proceed to golf car park, disembark, leave the golf cart / trolley in the designated area and wait under the port cochere with their golf bag. Cart / trollley to be collected by staff and driven directly to sanitizing area.
• Club Cleaning – No cleaning of clubs by staff at all. Resort guests must take their bag to their room and Mauritian golfers must immediately take their bag to their car after the round.
• Shoe Cleaning – No cleaning of shoes by staff at all. Resort guests must take thier shoes with them to their room.
• Refreshing Towel – A disposable cold towel will be offered to golfers by leaving same available for self-service on the starting terrace desk.
• Drinks service – No guests will be allowed to stand in or have access to the bar area or restaurant. If they want a drink they must go to the halfway house and buy a take away can or bottle.
• Change Rooms – Change rooms will be open for golfer’s convenience after play but they must respect social distancing and hygiene protocol.